Saturday, October 16, 2010

To-Do Lists


Sleeping in. Me? Never. It's a rare thing to find me in bed past 6am any day of the week. Well, that is until recently. My new frame of mind feels so foreign to me. Taking care of myself more, spending less time writing "to-do" lists, running less, sleeping more.

So where did this all come from? Well, to be more honest & vulnerable than I usually feel comfortable being, I think I was tired of pretending to be someone I was not. The idea of me being a relaxed, chill, free butterfly just wasn't true. Instead, I felt more like a stressed out ball of energy not completely knowing where the energy came from OR how to get rid of it. Instead of running it to the ground, my new approach is to try (try) to accept it & deal with it. To realize that each moment of each day doesn't have to be spent doing something, but rather maybe just maybe there are moments when there is nothing to be done.

Today, instead of going to the morning run with ESR, I ended up sleeping in & taking on the Paradise Valley trails with the hubs. I have to say, now don't be jealous, that I am loving the great outdoors of Seattle. Upon escaping to one of the hundreds of trails merely minutes away from where I live, I immediately feel my mind clear & focus like never before. What a truly amazing feeling.

Distance: 5-6 miles at Paradise Valley
State of Mind: Feeling more at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment