Thursday, January 28, 2010

I halfway expected yoga practice to be the cleanse that I so very needed. I thought if I dedicated enough to it, maybe it would grant me the ability to accept loss. It was strange, all throughout class, I could feel the tightness of my body limiting me. Almost determined to not let me breath. I tried & tried to release it, but I realized that I had to accept my own feelings before my body would understand.

Ali kept on repeating over & over again how we should have faith in life. Faith that what happens to us is well-planned & out of our control. In that context, if I believe in this higher ability to take care of me...than the decisions I make (or that are made for me) don't seem nearly as scary.

I don't think practice gave me everything I wanted, but it did show me that I can accept the fact that I felt out of control. Nothing, especially in yoga, is meant to be perfect. It is just a fluid dance of awareness & faith that we try to understand & accept.

Distance: n/a
State of Mind: I think I've said enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment