Tuesday, March 9, 2010

There is no feeling quite like stretching out over a track for a speed workout. It is something that I remember doing back in my early teens on a loose track & something that brings me back to the Santa Barbara CC track along the ocean where I spent so many hours running against the bright sun. Red Hook track is no different, even though it does have a very vacant feeling.

Met up to do 800's, I tried my hardest to run the second lap faster than the first with mixed results. Here are my results: 3:16, 3:16, 3:14, 3:18, 3:17, 3:17. The goal was 5k pace, which I ran a bit ahead of...but still behind all the rest.

Distance: 4.5 mile warmup, 6x800's, 5 mile warmdown
State of Mind: Very much under control

2 comments:

  1. I had fun in the rain.

    http://whatyourdonotknowbecauseyouarenotme.blogspot.com/2010/03/suck-it-up-weather-could-be-like-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mark of a great workout: consistent times throughout from first to last

    ReplyDelete