Saturday, March 13, 2010

When I was 19, I moved up to a small town in Alaska for a summer to work at a fish cannery with a girlfriend of mine. We worked 18 hour days, spending the other 6 hours eating/showering/sleeping. It was difficult work (not necessarily mentally) but I had to change myself a bit to get through the experience. Lately, that experience has been on my mind as the status of my current job has changed quite a bit. Similar hours, similar self changes being made.

So I knew it was important, no matter what weather, to get outside & try to force a little balance on myself. From the start of the rainy/windy run, I could tell my body wasn't the same so I decided to take it easy & keep it under 10 miles. The weather was quite disastrous though, at the end of the run I was wind blown & drenched with street water. I guess that's what forcing does to you.

Distance: 8.3 miles
State of mind: There has to be more, I just can't see it clearly

No comments:

Post a Comment