Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Met up with the speed session group tonight, it was strange to run in Brooklyn again...especially in the humid, wet weather. Coach wanted us to do mile repeats, but due to the weather we did a tempo run instead.

I was able to stay with the solid group of girls, but started struggling (and frankly not caring) early on. All of the girls passed me, but I tried to hold strong as long as I could. One issue I was having was the pain in my shoulder, which seemed to feel better 2 miles in.

I talked to coach afterwards, he said that I need to learn how to stay with the group as they accelerate & steady, which totally makes sense. I guess I just didn't have it in me today.

Distance: 2 mile bike ride, 4 mile warmup/tempo, 1 mile warmdown, 2 mile bike ride
State of Mind: Pissed off by my lack of fitness & competitiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment