Thursday, July 23, 2009

Went to much needed yoga practice tonight, sometimes I feel like I have to do everything in my power to maintain my sense of self in this city & yoga definitely is a place where it seems to all come together.

J joined me, which I am not sure is a good or bad thing. Not that it really matters, but I think going to practice by myself would help me escape a little more. Ali wanted us to try to do as much of practice with our eyes closed & really felt a difference. I was able to focus more, feel more in-tune with my movement & enjoy the practice that much more.

She also said that showing up to practice once a week doesn't make you a yogi, in any way...shape...or form. And that if you trully want to embrace the yogi lifestyle, you need to start living it every moment of every single day. Seeing the darkness will only make you feel the like that much more.

Distance: n/a
State of Mind: Reaching for something...

No comments:

Post a Comment