Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today was another track workout with the speed group, so exciting. We met up at Bartel Prichard Square & ran down the slope to Red Hook track. The track was seriously packed, but we had a big workout to accomplish so I was very focused. We did mile repeats -- four to be exact -- trying to keep them consistent.

I am reading the ChiRunning book that has gotten some press lately & I really tried to bring some of those techniques to my practice tonight. The group of ladies I ran with gave me stiff competition, but I really tried to focus on my form, my breathing & my times to stay strong. Sometimes, I felt so focused that I could only see what was directly in front of me, especially when I was in pain.

Our recovery time was great, almost 6 minutes with each repeat but I definitely noticed my heartrate struggling to go down towards the last two repeats. I kept on starring at my watch begging my heart to calm down, but apparentely pleaing with your heart doesn't really work. But I did notice that my heartrate during the repeats stayed steady...which is good news for my fitness level.

Distance: 2 mile bike ride, 2 mile run, 4x1 mile repeats, 2 mile run, 2 mile bike ride
Time: 6:33, 6:27 (felt the strongest too), 6:32, 6:32
State of Mind: Very pleased with my ability to control myself

No comments:

Post a Comment