Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ran in the Turkey Trot 5 miler today, was both nervous & excited about putting myself out there again after my poor performance at Van Cortland a few weeks back. The hubs & I made our way down to the crazy start, it was great seeing so many familiar faces. I started off the race with a even 7 min split at the mile & held a pretty consistent pace the rest of the race. I felt really in control & spent most of my time running next to D, who is always an inspiration. A few other PPTC'ers were around us, some of which I passed & some I just couldn't keep up with. But instead of focusing on others, I truly tried to just keep myself positive. Something I am working on.

Distance: 1.5 mile warmup, 5 mile race at 36:23, 1.5 mile warmdown
State of Mind: Pleased

No comments:

Post a Comment