Tuesday, November 10, 2009

This is the 9th week of the speed session this season & I still am not feeling it. No matter what I do, I just can't seem to motivate myself into running faster when I know I am better than what I am producing. But, I wanted to give it another go tonight just to see where I ended up.

Coach had us do 800's with a 4 minute recovery. Wow, what a long recovery. I felt pretty good the entire time, but after each 200, I wanted to quit. Which is so not me. But I powered through & held pretty good times, only leaving R in front of me until the last one when 3 or 4 ladies just zoomed past me. What gives them the energy that I am lacking?

Ran down to the track, which gave me some good miles & ran up Court on the way home to have dinner with my bro. At least I felt good on the warmup/cooldown.

Distance: 3.5 mile warm up, 5 x 800's at 3:17, 3:14, 3:14, 3:09; 3:14, 1 mile warmdown
State of Mind: Yuck...

No comments:

Post a Comment