Saturday, May 23, 2009

Felt extremely drained from my long duties of tourism guide for the Kombol family yesterday that I contemplated skipping today's run. But the competitor & socializer in me won the argument. Met the group at our usual spot & B decided we should go over the Brooklyn bridge as a group. Most everyone was there today, I have to say that I feel truly fortunate to run with such amazing people -- everyone brings something light, enjoyable & unique to the group.

We ended up do Manhattan bridge as well, but H, S & I cut back on Mrytle so they could go the gym on Bedford. I was happy to be feeling better towards the end of the run, the first few miles were a little challenging for me. The heat & the lack of proper fueling really alters my strength.

I still feel more tired than I want to be for the upcoming Brooklyn half, but I will TRY my hardest this week to just chill out.

Distance: 8.9 miles
State of Mind: I will NOT complain about the heat, goodbye Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment