Saturday, May 16, 2009


Went to bed mass early last night, this week really killed me. I am just not as young as I used to be. Woke up late for group, but rushed out the door to make it. I could already tell from my jog up that the humidity was up there.

We decided to do a bridge to bridge, since everyone wanted to keep it to around 10 miles. It was definitely a fast group, I could tell from the start. Once we hit the Brooklyn bridge, it seemed like a race across -- I knew once we got across I was done for it. The bridge was really pretty through, so misty & foggy.


I definitely slowed down on the Manhattan bridge & barely hung in there to finish off the rest of the run. We ended up doing the two waterfront parks under the bridge & the promenade. On the way up Union hill, I decided to slow down the pace incredibly so I didn't completely lose it. That is seriously how I felt.


I think the race last weekend & the week I had put me way back for this run. But it doesn't really matter, what is really important is the Brooklyn half in two weeks.

Distance: 12 miles
State of Mind: Feet, legs, arms...they all feel completely drained

No comments:

Post a Comment