Tuesday, April 20, 2010

After a bit of a disappointing race this Sunday, I was excited to meet up with the group to do a speed workout. And, for once, not that bummed that the plan was to do hills. After a 3 mile group warmup, man which was long, Coach determined the best place for hill repeats would be on the outside of the park as the park is being taken over by the seasonal increase in outdoor activities.

Through all 9 repeats, I felt very much in control, not focusing on the women around me but rather on my own breath, form & making a huge effort to take shorter strides. It wasn't until the 7th repeat that I began to break down a bit...which I was expecting much earlier.

Distance: 5 mile warmup, 9x300 hill repeats, 2.5 mile warmdown
State of Mind: Hanging on

No comments:

Post a Comment