Thursday, April 29, 2010


Although my memory is excruciatingly bad, I think I can say that I have been actively practicing yoga for about 10 years now. In college at the local gym, at the beautiful SBYC in Santa Barbara & now in LL with my beloved Ali.

The precious thing about yoga is how after so long, you can learn the simplest trick to help your practice. Tonight, in a flow I have done thousands of times I realized for the first time that I needed to exhale before moving into upward facing dog in order to allow the room for the inhale & extension. It was amazing that one small exhale made all the difference. And how fitting as this month's focus has been on the breath.

And even though I am tragically not even close to inverting with confidence, I did get one step closer as my hips released even closer to giving me the trust to extend my legs.

Distance: n/a
State of Mind: Completely, completely soaked

No comments:

Post a Comment