Sunday, April 18, 2010


Woke up early to make my way out to the JFK Runway 5k. The race was much more crowded than last year but full of a lot of excitement, rudely interrupting the cement jungle & fuel fumes of a typical day at the airport.

The race was supposed to take place on an actual runway, but due to the Icelandic volcanic issues, the route was changed last minute to take place on the roads instead. The scenery was nothing to write home about, but it was cool to get out & try something different.

My individual race was less than stellar, I felt stuck in the same gear the whole time & couldn't figure out a way to shift. But the PPTC teammates around me did amazing, which always makes me feel proud & happy. But maybe even just a little bit alone at the same time.

S, R & I decided to get dropped off at Atlantic Avenue to make the long trek back to our respective neighborhoods together. I imagine we got lots of second glances as we ran alongside traffic for most part of our run. Not exactly beautiful, in the common use of the word BUT it does make one appreciate the benefits of nature just that much more.

Distance: 2 mile warm up (mile up to the park & mile around JFK parking lot), 5K race @21:47 or roughly a 7 minute mile, 11.75 miles from JFK to home TOTALING 16.85 miles
State of Mind: Suspended a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment