Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One thing about working in Manhattan & living in Brooklyn is how obvious it is when I am pulled in different directions. I can feel the stretch as I run from my agency to the train at Herald Square...all the way back to Brooklyn. But I will never get over the feeling that I have as I turn the corner & see the arch on my way to the park.

Tonight I met up with the speed group & headed to the track for a little workout. Coach had us do 12x400's, which was a big number to swallow.

I was pretty happy with my times, averaging 1:29-1:31 for the first 10 until the last 2 when I broke down a bit. Although I should be disappointed, I love the feeling of pushing myself over the edge. Even I have no control.

Distance: 3.5 miles warmup, 12x400's, 3.5 miles warmdown
State of Mind: The lightness of day...

No comments:

Post a Comment