Saturday, April 10, 2010


Today was all about discovering Brooklyn, with a gentle touch from S. The thing about Brooklyn, as opposed to say Manhattan, is it is so large with many neighborhoods few of us travel through on a regular basis. On our adventure this morning, we ran along the outside edge the park down through Flatbush, splitting ourselves between Midwood & the Flatlands before heading into Marine Park.

Truthfully, doing these types of newer runs seem to separate out the group a bit as smaller groups are formed to ensure none of us stray to some far off place. I have been feeling pretty good lately, leg-wise, so I tested my boundaries by staying with the faster group, which proved successful. Especially as the way back up the park came with it's own package of difficulties, including a slight uphill grade, very cold wind & a pack of guys that decided to push us girls to our limits. Which, for me, isn't very difficult to do. I think it is pretty obvious, that once you actually peak inside me, you see how very soft I am.

Distance: 14.7 miles running, rest walking back from getting a bagel with S
State of Mind: Feeling strong, for the circumstances

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks like it was a cool run. Good job for getting out and exploring.

    ReplyDelete