Wednesday, July 21, 2010

After asking for advice on Seattle commuting, I finally figured out a better way to make it to speed workout without sweating it out in a traffic jam. It was so nice to arrive early, do a slow warm-up & get my game face on.

Tonight's workout was a fast one. 200/200/200/400 x 3 with an equal amount of recovery between each repeat. Although the workout itself doesn't sound crazy hard, I was surprised by the intensity of it.

Figuring out the speed workout more, I now understand that you are tabled based on your speed (obviously). Groups 1-3 are pretty non-existent. I mean, I am not sure anyone quite qualifies to run those times. Groups 4-6 consist of about 5 extremely fast men, some of them quite cute. Including my running crush. Yum. Groups 7-10 are more my speed. And where most of the group lives. To be honest, in my dreams, I would love to run in Group 7, but it is a bit out of my reach right now. It's too bad too, as there seems to be quite a few quality people in that group.

Group 8, where I mostly reside, is people running a 20/21 5k, 1:35+ half or a 3:20ish marathon. Which in all honesty, is not a bad place to be. And although tonight might be an exception, I was able to stay in control the whole time. Although it hurt quite a bit.

Distance: .5 mile warmup, 200x3/400x1 x 3 (:44s/200's + 1:32s/400's), .5 mile warmdown
State of Mind: I love crushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment