Sunday, July 18, 2010


Up early on a Sunday to run with J. As we are both training for the Bellingham half, we have decided to meet up each Sunday for us to do her long run together. It will also be a chance for me to run my legs into the ground after running long on Saturdays.

As she works overnight shifts, I picked her up at the hospital & we headed out on the waterfront for an easy out & back on the Burke Gilman trail. I talked almost the entire time, no surprise for her to listen to me chatter on & on about my life. And she surprised me with her ability to keep the pace & feel strong all the way through.

Running so early proved to be quite beautiful. The trail was quiet, the views were spectacular. From rowers on the water, to great sculptures, to amazing industrial views of the city...I was impressed by what Seattle has to offer. For a brief moment, it brought me back to Brooklyn. Which made my heart sink a bit.

Here is a link to the route J mapped out: http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=381756

Distance: 6.1 miles
State of Mind: Excited to discover all the beauty Seattle has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment