Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I am not entirely sure where this thought came from, but lately I have been thinking a lot about the imbalance of my relationships. Well, one in particular. The one I share with my husband. To break it down in how I see it, there are mental, a physical emotional components of our bond. Lately, I have started to realize that although I feel I excel at mentally & physically challenging him, I really fail at our emotional connection.

But when I expand that across my entire life, the truth is I fail at emotional connections in many aspects...including running. I can't remember the last, why even in the first time, that I was dramatically upset or happy about a race I participated in. To be honest, these days I run to physically tire myself & to mentally give myself a break. But where is the love? As the Black Eyed Peas said so eloquently. I know it's there. Well. I don't know if it is there, but I do know that if I don't love, in some emotional way, running...what do I love?

I guess I need some time to think about it. In the meantime, I will rush home & continue to push myself out the door to figure out why I lack something that seems to come so easily to others.

Distance: 4.5 miles
State of Mind: I think this is what happens when I spend too much time alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment