Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So excited to partake in another brutally beautiful speed workout with ESR. Got to the track early, which was much needed, as my legs were solidly sore from my new stair workout at the agency. The pain from the stairs is more of newness, not intensity. So I don’t worry too much.

After a long warmup, we started our workout, which was 4x1200’s. I, with my usual confidence, thought I would stick with my group & try to push the last one with the faster group ahead of us. But man oh man, was I wrong. After barely holding in there on the first interval, I knew I was in trouble. The next three were a constant, each 200, battle to make the 49 second split time, which I fell further & further from as I tried to just finish the workout. Luckily enough, my group, made up of my new friend A & a few non-descript guys, made me focus on the positive instead of getting down on myself as everyone seemed to struggle tonight. And, the eye candy on the track didn’t hurt too much either, as the top ESR men were in full force with glistening bodies & amazing turnover as they completed the workout. Although my crush was at the back of the pack, I didn’t question his ability to hold on. Only wish I could say the same for myself.

Oh, and a blog update! After thinking it through a bit & realizing that I want to truly enjoy contributing my thoughts online, I am going to start posting less frequent, hopefully more cohesive & thoughtful entries. Being in the Pacific NW has made me see the beauty in the great outdoors in a way that I missed to very much & I want to make sure to spend as much time as I can (which is limited already in my choice of career) outdoors.

Distance: 1 mile warmup, 4x1200’s (between 4:56 & 5:09), 1 mile warmdown
State of Mind: Feeling fit but a bit depleted

1 comment:

  1. Less Corre posts - :-(
    Corre spending more time in natural splendor -HUGE :-)

    ReplyDelete