Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I was so naive to think that leaving NYC would bring a new sense of calmness to my hectic life. But that's okay, it is my job to adjust...I am happy to at least try. Rushing out of work to try to make the Wednesday night track workout with ESR proved to be a little more difficult than I thought. After dealing with traffic, I was able to arrive just as the workout was starting. Which is not exactly how you want to start something as hard as a track workout.

But nonetheless, I jumped right in & was able to get my body/breath in control the best I could. We ended up doing a ladder workout, consisting of a 1600, 1200, 800, 600, 400 with an 800 recovery in between. Although the temps are nowhere close to the East Coast, it has become very hot here so running in 80 degree where was a challenge.

I didn't feel all together fast today, but that's okay. More importantly, I was able to push myself & feel that sense of brutal rawness that I so crave in running. Which I miss so very much.

Distance: 1600, 1200, 800, 600, 400 with an 800 recovery
State of Mind: In time, things will settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment