Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I was naively thinking that last week was an anomaly. It can't possibly take that long to go from downtown to the East side on a random Wednesday night. Right? Well, tonight I learned otherwise. Again rushing out of work as soon as I could to try to make ESR track practice came with its complications. Arriving late, workout already started, I decided to run the opposite way on the track until I found a "group" that looked my pace. After annoyingly asking what the workout was, what pace we were going, how far into far in they already were...a group of guys let me join the workout-in-progress.

Tonight was a hard night though, I have to say these ESR are all business. We ended up doing a tempo run (3 miles) & 2x800 immediately following. I hung back with a new group of people, going a bit slower than I wanted & taking more of a rest than asked for. I am learning that sometimes it's better to follow other than lead, it is obvious I have so much to learn.

On a sad note, my new running boyfriend may be toooooo fast for me. He seemed in & out (done with the workout) before I was midway through. Timing is everything, but I'm not giving up so easily. He is just too cute.

Distance: 2.5 miles @ 7:15 (late) + 2x800 @ 6:45...with 800 recovery between
State of Mind: Trying to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment