Saturday, June 20, 2009

After another long week, I went to bed early on Friday night in order to get as much rest as possible. Waking up refreshed today, I was excited that it wasn't pouring down rain. Met up with the group & S suggested we stick in Brooklyn instead of venturing over one of the many bridges. We ended up deciding to go around the cemetery & to make our way to Owls Head Park, depending on the time it took to get us there.

I felt good the whole way there, but the humidity was definitely impacting me. I am not used to sweating so much, but I tried to keep strong form & my breathing normal so I could hang with the rest of the group. S & G took off after the halfway point & left us in the dust. I stuck with the middle pack until I hit the hills of the cemetery where I just felt like I couldn't manage the pace any longer. So I took a minute to walk & to hopefully bring down my heart rate.

I have noticed lately with myself that after an hour or so of moderate to hard running, that I start overheat. I can't figure out if it is physical or mental, but it is seriously frustrating to have to drop back when I felt so good for so long. I really need to look into this more.

After a minute of walking, I put on my IPOD & zoned out as I made my way, via 8th avenue, back to the park. I actually enjoyed running by myself, there were no expectations & I felt...again...very controlled. When I got back to GAP, everyone was still hanging 'round, which is always a good sign.

Distance: 11.5 miles
State of Mind: Beaten up, but needed
Map Link: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/ny/brooklyn/577124558793567543

No comments:

Post a Comment