Sunday, June 14, 2009



Worked 14+ hours yesterday & spent almost all last night waking up to "work" thoughts since I obviously wasn't able to let go. I am not so sure I could have done something about that, I just think my mind was so burned out that it wouldn't let my body rest.

I really wanted to break myself running today, but my exhaustion from this last week definitely wouldn't let me. I met up with the group, which was quite large today...probably because the weather was perfect, minus the secret layer of humidity hidden by the breeze.

We originally had decided to do our usual Brooklyn to Williamsburg bridge route, but once we got over the Brooklyn bridge we changed our minds & went up to the new High Line park on the West Side. My sister M would be so jealous of the park, it was quite amazing. Full of small details that really made it feel rich & special.

On the way back, we checked out the new running hut on the WSH, which was seriously really cool. I ran most of the time with H & K, which is always so calming. We decided to walk at Ft. Green Park & just enjoy the day a little longer before going on with our lives.

Distance: 12.75 miles
State of Mind: Exhaustion feels good on me

2 comments: