Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Coach's speed session started today, which is wonderful wonderful wonderful. I was super anxious all day that I might miss it, because work continues to suck the life & the time out of my ONCE happy self. But I snuck out & made it in more than enough time.

There was a huge group of runners, 10 or so new peeps & all of the old regulars. S & A are both doing it as well, which is awesome.

We ended up doing a long warmup, two loops around the ball field before heading over to the tennis courts to do 400's. Coach wanted us to do 8 with 30 sec breaks & put me in a group with G. I tried to barely keep up with G, who is so much faster than me...my only way to even try was to cut my recovery significantly. I felt strong, but my left achilles, ankle, knee all hurt. I think it may be from my deep tissue massage last weekend, but it doesn't feel good.

Happy birthday baby!

Distance: 2.5 mile bike ride round trip, 2 mile warmup, 8x400's, .5 warm down
State of Mind: Blank...inside & out

No comments:

Post a Comment