Sunday, June 28, 2009













Ran Cosme's Coney Island 5k race this morning & had a re
ally fun time. Ended up going down with a huge gang, all excited PPTCers. My brother ended up doing the race with wife & her family, which made the race that much better. It was a hot day, but I knew the race was going to fun...I mean how many people take advantage of a chance to run a race on a boardwalk...especially in Coney Island.

I started off fast, or let me say this differently...I started off with the pace that I knew I had to run to PR & didn't realize that both H & M were behind me. By half way point, I was feeling the heat but I found out that dumping cold water on my head helped keep down my core body temp. Between mile 1.5 & mile 2, both H & M passed me...but I still didn't feel that weak. I held it together & tried to finish strong. I ended up running the first mile in 6:45, but my overall pace was 6:53, which isn't incredibly awful. No PR though.


Distance: 5K in 21:21 plus a mile warmup & half mile warmdown

State of Mind: The people around me give me such joy, such energy, such fulfillment


No comments:

Post a Comment