Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ahh, yet another speed workout. Had a very calm day at work today, so I was excited to get out there, chat amongst wonderful running peeps & kill myself a little.

It was super humid, but I didn't really notice it affecting me until we started our repeats. Coach said we were going to do 4 x 2 mile repeats, but I knew that was never going to happen. But the course was great, I love running the lower loop.

The first repeat, I was chatting it up for the first half mile, feeling okay until the end of the first mile but then the heat just hit me...at least that is what I blamed it on. I was definitely struggling to hold my form & to control my breath.

The second repeat, I felt much more in control. Half way through I realized that I always fall apart my first repeat & to not let it get to me too bad. My heart rate was definitely hitting a zone that it's not comfortable with, but that is what training is all about.

After the second one, I was ready for the third...but Coach cut us off. A little disappointed, but I never really know my limits...

Distance: 2 mile bike ride, 1 mile warmup, 2 x 2 mile repeats, 1 mile warmdown, 2 mile bike
State of Mind: Wasted...through & through

No comments:

Post a Comment