Saturday, August 8, 2009




Drove up to Shelburne Falls, Mass yesterday with H & S, wonderful company in the car which was a delight since we were stuck in traffic most of the way up to H's hometown. Upon arrival, we had a lovely pre-race dinner in the town center. After dinner, we made our way to Mom's house, where we chatted it up a bit before heading to bed for a good nights sleep.

We rose early & took our time getting ready for the race. About 2 hours before the start time, we jogged down to the start & got prepared for the race by watching the 2-miler & stretching near the falls. Of all three girls, I was definitely the most calm & collected, possibly because I don't have as much was riding on the race (pace wise).


We knew it was going to be hilly, so I stuck to my plan of running the first 3 miles moderately easy to keep my composure. It worked really well, after the 1000 ft. elevation climb, I was able to put in a solid downhill/flat performance BUT I felt like I still had a lot left in me when I finished.

Afterwards, we went back near the falls & enjoyed in a little celebration with H's hometown. It was a wonderful 24 hour trip, only wish we would have stayed longer.

Distance: 10k + 1 mile warmup/1 mile warmdown

State of Mind: Feeling very average

No comments:

Post a Comment