Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Although I was totally not looking forward to racing tonight, I figured why not. Mainly, knowing that a lot of the group would show up for the last 5k of the series in Prospect Park was the reason I knew I couldn't back down. But I knew my mind would definitely be defeated by more sore & tired legs...

The heat was a definite factor, but I just played it easy & told myself to hold back on the hill & through mile one & then let myself go for the last two remaining miles. Which is exactly what I did.

M won in her true style, I have no problem being behind a talent like that. G & I rode our bikes home after the awards, the sound of the crickets & G's successful attempt at making me laugh made for a very sweet close to the day.

Distance: 1.5 mile bike ride, 1 mile warmup, 5k at 21:36, .5 mile warmdown, 1.5 mile bike ride
State of Mind: Glad my legs held out, but for how long???

No comments:

Post a Comment