Sunday, August 9, 2009

To get ready for my biggest race of this year, Reach the Beach, I did my first two-a-day today. I have definitely done a lot of two-a-day workouts in the past, especially when I was training for tri's but this is the first two-run day I have ever had. Since I raced yesterday & didn't do my usual long run, I knew my legs would have enough in them...no problem.

Met up with K, R, S & A for an easy loop at 9am. Could tell I was a little tired from yesterday but we truthfully took it pretty easy. The humidity was pretty brutal, so as we ran further we definitely heated up quite a bit. But all in all, the whole run was done in conversational pace.

The second run was at 4pm, which gave me something to look forward to BUT also pretty much took up my day. I can now see why professional athletes have trouble working, training at the more advanced level just takes it out of you -- time & energy wise. The second run was very much the same as the first, easy pace with no issues. R & I even pushed it on the hill, which is always a great way to finish.

Distance: 5.35 miles x 2, about 10.7 miles
State of Mind: Looking forward to this race, minus the logistics of it all

No comments:

Post a Comment