Saturday, March 14, 2009

Took in so many calories this week, I was really looking forward to doing a nice long run this morning. The cold has still not let up, but the sun definitely helped this morning. There was quite a large group out at the park, since Gil was hosting his first 'beginners workshop'. The regulars decided on a route that took us across the Brooklyn bridge into Manhattan for a few blocks & than back over the Williamsburg bridge. It is always fun, yet strange, to run through Williamsburg. That place is just not made for runners.

Since I have been increasing my miles, my legs just haven't felt the same. Yoga on Thursday definitely brought out a few issues that I have felt creeping in. Today, my legs (especially my right quad) never quite warmed up so I tried my hardest to get in the miles without pushing myself too hard. Please god, let me stay injury free...that is not a road I want to go down again.

Distance: 10.3 miles
State of Mind: Trying to figure out my limitations

3 comments:

  1. Did you take that picture in Willaimsburg this(Saturday)morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. duh

    I just started doing the same thing. But I thought that for someone as fast as you it would through off you training pace. At my speed a 10 second pause does not matter.

    Also, in the picture on top, I was suppressed that the girl was carrying that bag. I was wondering if that photo was taken on a Saturday morning. If so it was a good thing you were running because you woulda pissed that man off by taking his picture on the Sabbith.

    ReplyDelete