Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Breaking away from my usual patterns, which is outright scary to me, I decided not to immediately sign up for Coach's speed session & instead do more customized, informal speed workouts with whoever will join me. Lucky enough, it seems like there is such a connection at the park that being alone is hard to do.

We ended up doing a 4-mile pace run, following R's plan. I was pretty excited to see where my fitness level was at, until I hit mile 3. Ran a 6:50 mile one, 7:15 mile two, 7:23 mile three & 7:40+ mile four (with hill). My fourth mile wasn't as slow as it seemed, because of the gnarly hill I had to deal with, but mile three was treacherous. I felt out of control, completely broken down & couldn't find any solution to pick up my pace.

Distance: 3 miles of warming up/down + 4 mile pace run
State of Mind: Now I know where I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment