Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Coach had planned for us to spend two weeks of this session at the Red Hook track, which is really very exciting. It is so nice to get out of the park & to push myself in a more controlled environment.

Unfortunately, the weather really blew tonight...it never stopped raining & was quite harsh on the track. Puddles, wind & freezing cold temps really didn't inspire me at all. But a ton of people showed up, so how can I complain. I even wore a rain jacket tonight, which is a big step up from Saturday.

Tonight's practice was actually quite difficult, except that I got paired up with Maggie/Emily during the first set & paired up randomly during the second. Not that I could complain at the time...but I really do need to start developing the confidence to hold it together no matter who I am running with OR for how long.

Distance: 2 mile warmup, (1000, 800, 400, 200) X 2 minus the last 200, half mile warm down
State of Mind: Cold, wet & tired of this weather

No comments:

Post a Comment