Saturday, April 25, 2009

What an amazing day, seriously. We had a nice group show up today, everyone excited to run in the warmth of Spring. K & I had already talked about doing a tempo run during the long run today, to push ourselves beyond our normal limitations...to get ready for our races. It was great having S back, she is one crazy girl...3:16 marathon while being out of shape.

As soon as we hit the West Side, K & I took off from the pack & held a quick clip for the next 3 or so miles. I honestly have no idea what our pace was, but I would guess somewhere around 7:30 or quicker. I was definitely working it, I can't believe how out of shape I felt. How in the world can I hold that pace for a longer distance? Maybe part of my exhaustion came from my workouts this week, I definitely pushed myself all week.

After we started heading back up to the bridge, we slowed down our pace (me more than her) & decided to part ways on Union & Court since I had a side stitch I couldn't get rid of. After gulping two glasses of water, the stitch disappeared & funnily enough I ran into Krish. We ended up making our way back to the park & back home together, which was perfect timing. Nice to have such a warm group of friends to run with in Brooklyn, I couldn't ask for more.

Distance: 13.2 miles
State of Mind: Glad I pushed myself, god, I need SO much more work

No comments:

Post a Comment