Saturday, April 11, 2009

It took me a while to get to the computer after the run this morning, mainly because I couldn't feel my fingers, hands, arms for the first hour or so after getting home today. I woke up super exhausted...not from over-training, but from an over-booked schedule. But truthfully I was really excited to get out of the house & spend a few hours giving my body a beating.

Like a good girl, I checked the weather immediately when I got up & found out that it was going to be overcast & 50 degrees...rain coming in the afternoon. So I geared up for a nice, cloudy-day run & headed out the door. Not 2 blocks away from my house & the rain started coming down. I thought about turning around & letting the bad weather pass, but I just couldn't find a reason why I wouldn't be able to tough it out.

It was a much smaller group today, just four of us decided to head out of the park. We decided to do the Battery Park loop in reverse, to avoid the hill back to the bridge. We did a very comfortable pace, not once did I feel like we were pushing it too hard. The run was actually quite peaceful & calming, but the downpour didn't let up the whole entire time. At one point, my arms looked a pinkish shade of purple, reminded me of how I felt during the Catalina marathon years ago.

I definitely think I am ready to start picking up the pace during the long runs, possibly stopping less & incorporating a tempo run into the mix. My legs feel great & I can't hardly wait for the showers to stop & the clear skies to come.

Distance: 13.1 miles
State of Mind: Hungry for more

No comments:

Post a Comment