Sunday, October 25, 2009

After not such a good race yesterday, I was excited to put some miles in today. To help A train for her marathon, I decided to meet up early with her so we could head to the start of the last 10 miles together. I really enjoyed the race last year, so I was equally excited about doing it again this year.

The run was just amazing, from the to-die-for weather to the great company. Although I do have to say it was hard to see how fast S & G took off...but I guess that is what happens when you are both truly talent & put a lot of work in. Just miss them, I guess.

After running with A up to 59th street, I spent the next several miles running with a pack of guys (I only knew a few). We kept a comfortable pace & I felt strong the whole time. In Central Park, we ended up meeting back up with J & A after a few of the runners took a short cut & I decided to slow it down a bit & finish with them. J actually had a lot of energy, so it was fun running with him.

Even though I am not running the marathon, just crossing the finish line is emotional. Such a strange feeling. They were playing Sheryl Crow's "Run Baby Run" song, which was a perfect representative of my years of high school running. And to top it off, H surprised me with a big hug as we were making our way to the PPTC car.

Distance: 18 miles or so
State of Mind: Stupid to run so far, but it felt great...

No comments:

Post a Comment