Saturday, October 17, 2009

With the revolving door of family visiting NYC lately, my fitness has really fallen flat. So I was really excited to hammer down a bit today, giving my body a lesson in where it needs to be. I wouldn't say today was a hard run physically, but mentally trying to not give up was challenging. I have to say that I really miss running with H & S, but so happy to have B, R & A there to keep me company. I guess in a way, I feel like things are changing a bit.

We headed over BB to Manhattan to hit Battery Park, which is definitely one of my fav runs. Down by the ferry terminal, a couple of Ethiopians passed us, which was awe-inspiring to say the least. Lately, I have felt a little disappointed in myself, choosing not to focus on marathons & not racing as much as others...seeing those gifted athletes run hit a soft spot in my heart.

Distance: 13.2 miles
State of Mind: Energized & ready to deal with the revolving door

No comments:

Post a Comment