Saturday, October 24, 2009

Woke up to a drizzly day & no idea where I was going OR what the course would be like. That's the thing with races, you really never know what you are in for. Here I come Nike Human Race.

The pre-race activities were quite disorganized & it felt strange not seeing anyone I knew BUT seeing the millions of people in the park I call home. I cut most lines, getting in & out of registration pretty quickly. I finally saw R & he suggested I start with him & the other 5 minute milers. Why not, right?

I ran mile 1 in 6:53 & I actually felt pretty good. Again, I thought to myself...I am back. But mile 2 on just went down hill. The hill killed me, both times around & my pace just never seemed to lighten up. The harder I ran, the slower I got. But what am I to say? I ran hard, my heart rate was up there & yet I just couldn't perform.

There are many reasons that this could be happening....my fitness is not quite where it should be, my throat hurt the day before & I felt like I was getting sick, my foot isn't quite better or maybe the fact that I haven't eaten meat since Reach the Beach has impacted my body.

But truthfully, any of my excuses don't really change the fact that I am just slow right now...

Distance: 9+ miles with a 10k at 48:59
State of Mind: Happy with my effort, disappointed with my time

No comments:

Post a Comment