Friday, June 25, 2010

As a blunt new way to make running-type friends in the Seattle area, I volunteered myself to participate in the running leg of a major Washington relay this weekend called Mountains to Sound. As a very nice surprise, a group of guys from a local major construction company (think Experience Music Project, Seattle Library) asked me to join their team, to run the half marathon leg this Sunday.

Only issue is they want me to go fast. I mean real fast. Faster than I have ever gone in that distance, as they are hoping to get top 10 & possibly place in the top 3.

So, instead of running hard toward the end of this week, I am recovering. Resting. Feeding myself a lot of food. So today, I did a simple track run. Just loop after loop, treating myself to a slow pace.

Distance: 4 miles
State of Mind: What ever have I gotten myself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment