Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Worked out twice today, it felt oh so good. It's strange how much I love "getting it done" when it comes to working out, I just really enjoy having the time to do it right.

Woke up this morning & went to a new yoga studio in Mill Creek, called Laughing Buddha. It was the owner teaching the practice & it was supposed to be a level 2 (intermediate) class, but it was far from it. Surrounding me were rich, chubby moms...but none that were very cute. As opposed to LL in Chelsea, there were only 8 people in the whole class. It was a mixture of pilates, hatha yoga & vinyasa. And I was happy that even though I felt out of place, I was able to go into my own practice. Not sure if I will go back anytime soon, but it was a nice wake up.

In the late afternoon, I decided to go for a solo run. I chose only Grizzly Bear to be my listening companion, such a good choice. I wasn't exactly looking forward to the run, but it turned out great. I saw a girl ahead of me once I entered the trail & spent the remaining time catching up to her, passing her & putting a distance between us. The nice thing about the trail that I run is that I have an option of gravel, dirt or cement trails...all leading to the same place. Really helps in keeping my body bouncing back. On the way home, the hill that I usually have nightmares of wasn't nearly as bad. At first, I was dragging...but a third of the way of the hill my legs adjusted. Shocking.

Distance: yoga practice + 6.1 miles
State of Mind: timing is everything

1 comment:

  1. Does all hot yoga smell bad? And what's the difference between hatha and vinyassa, etc.? So confused.

    ReplyDelete