Thursday, June 10, 2010

As Thursday was my usual day to hit LL, I knew I needed to find a way to get my weekly yoga practice in. To get myself warmed up, I did a run that I actually rather enjoyed...going through all the new developments in my temporary neighborhood. See, where I grew up I was the rich kid in a poor community--but where my husband grew up, he was the poor kid in a rich community. So, to go around his neighborhood & watch all these amazingly boring developments get built was actually quite interesting. Who would ever imagine that people would want to live in house #53, exactly the same house as #1-#52, with maybe the only difference being the color of the house or exact layout of the lot. It made me remember that all I have ever wanted was to live somewhere were I felt welcomed, somewhere with a history & somewhere where I could walk hand-in-hand to a local farmers market on a Saturday. These new developments offer none of that.

After the short run, I did a yoga podcast with S. One to always try new things, she had no problem that it was an advanced class that even I struggle with. We made it through about half the practice, breathing & sweating our way to balance. Not as much as I was looking for, but I will take what I can get.

Distance: 2.5 miles, 35 minutes yoga
State of Mind: let the games begin

No comments:

Post a Comment