Wednesday, June 2, 2010


After nearly losing it last night saying farewell to my sibs, I had a fairly un-emotional day flying from one coast to the other. I knew I wanted to get out & start getting my body/lungs/mind used to the PNW so after settling a bit in the Claw, I went out for a simple, short loop. It was obvious that it had been raining nonstop in my hometown, which is nothing short of unusual as June becomes October.

The run was fairly calming, as I didn't see one person & didn't have to do anything but look down to know where I was heading. About 2 miles in it started down pouring hard, it felt a bit like a baptism, rinsing off all my sadness & anxiety in return for my shirt sticking to my body in a quite unflattering way. I guess that's the catholic in me.

I listened to my ipod the whole time, which was super helpful as I hate running alone. It always comes through when I need it, playing the likes of Sufjan Stevens, Sigur Ros & Radiohead to make me realize that all things will pass in time.

I felt that a few snaps to show my new haunting grounds would be helpful as I embark on this new chapter. They might be a bit sad as I will most likely be alone in most of them, but not to worry, I am a fighter.

Distance: 4.5 miles
State of Mind: It does feel like home, in a few boring & uneventful way


1 comment:

  1. Cute picture. It's weird seeing your running routes on a map that is unfamiliar. I'm glad you're still blogging over on the other side of the country.

    ReplyDelete