Wednesday, June 16, 2010


It is so strange how much my life has changed over this last month. There is a huge part of me that has been able to completely renew, regenerated & readjust myself after my amazing chapter in NYC...but another part of me that feels completely at a loss. Almost unable to look myself in the mirror & acknowledge that I am making correct decisions. Hopefully that too will come.

After a long, exhausting day in downtown Seattle, I hurried home to put on my running shoes for my first track workout with ESR. We met up at Lake Washington High School, about a 10 minute drive from my temp home. The inlaws decided to join me, as they thought it would be fun to watch me kill myself in front of a bunch of strangers-slash-future friends.

It was great to see how well organized the track workout was. About 40 people showed up, mainly fast men, but a good showing of women. How it worked was that we checked out a pace sheet & grouped ourselves into one of about 10 groups depending on our expected pace. The workout is lead my different people, this time a girl that looked about my age but with obviously faster legs on her.

We ended up doing 5x800's, one fast & one slow (difference being only 4 seconds). In between, we jogged a 600. It was a great workout as I felt in control the whole time, mainly because no one went faster than what the pace sheet asked for, creating a consistent & hard workout. The two girls I mainly ran with both used me as the pacer after the first one, making me feel right at home setting my pace & leading our pack.

Distance: .5 mile warmup, 5x800 with 600 recovery, .5 mile warmdown
State of Mind: So happy to fall back on running

No comments:

Post a Comment