Saturday, June 12, 2010


Felt a bit like a cheater today as I went running with a new club, East Side Runners. Although I am not sure this is the club that I will call home, they are one of the more well known clubs in the area I am staying in right now. They have runs almost every single day & thoughtfully plan weekend runs to explore the Seattle area, which is quite nice.

As I have to drive to the meeting location (which I sincerely hate), I got lost trying to find the park where we were meeting. Thankfully I left enough time for error to figure out what I had done wrong & make my way to the meeting spot. With very little knowledge of the Seattle area, all I knew about where we met was that this neighborhood is one of the richest in this city. Which was pretty obvious, definitely no Brooklyn.

There were several different distances, I opted for the longest & immediately started running with an older man & an asian woman (which pretty much made up the type of people in the group). I felt an immediate connection with the man, B, who seemed like my type of runner. We ended up speeding up around mile 2 & spending the rest of the run alone. He was extremely nice & very helpful, telling me just about everything I needed to know about the group. I accindently elbowed him a few times, S would be proud that I have brought my running "issue" all the way back to the West Coast.

The day was gorgeous, with not a cloud in sight. The run was very hilly (ouch), we didn't stop once (oucher) & he let me push the pace the whole time. We ran through a few parks, on trails off the street & alongside some beautiful homes. I can't complain, it was a great run.

Distance: 9.5 miles (from B's garmin)
State of Mind: Feeling a bit like a cheater, which isn't new for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment