Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Trying to develop a schedule that I can stick to, I headed to the neighborhood high school track to see what solo speed training is all about. Being the people person that I am, I knew that it was going to be rough...but I had faith that my will would push me through as I am determined to get myself into fighting shape to show these West Coasters that I am not another softy.

Thankfully N joined me today, which is always nice. He is not the prettiest runner, in any stretch of the imagination, to be honest I would much rather see him dressed up to go to dinner or laying in bed next to me...but I will take what I can get.

Trying to be as aggressive as possible, I decided to do some 400's to test my speed. My plan was to do 10x400's, with a 400 recovery between each one. Which was a bit of a dream as I wanted to stop after the first one. But I powered through 5 of them, much in thanks to the high school football team who was practicing in the inner field. There is nothing like 16 year olds watching you kill yourself to make you want to push it just that much harder.

I probably put in 1/3 of the mileage that I usually do on speed workouts, but I definitely pushed myself to exhaustion. Which is exactly what I was looking to do.

Distance: 1.25 mile warmup, 5x400's w/ 400 recovery, .5 mile warmdown + abs/core
State of Mind: I see my arms taking shape a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment