Tuesday, May 18, 2010




After a rainy, rainy day...I took a leap of faith & headed up to "eh" or East Harlem for an adventure unlike any other I have ever experienced in NYC. After meeting up with H & R, + a very cute friend of R's, we headed down to the 102nd St. passenger bridge to cross from one island to another. After a short run, we ended up at Icahn stadium in Randall's Island, empty with the exception of a few runners who had the courage to make it out in this type of weather for a track meet.

Although my quad was still a bit sore, the energy of the track meet was pretty remarkable. Nothing like the usually brouhaha of the races that I typically attend, just the pure, raw glory of hitting the track, listening for the gun on the last lap & putting it all on the table.

I raced smart, took it easy each loop & just tried to stay consistent. I ended with a 6:25 or so, nothing to write home about but the experience just showed the variety of experiences available in this amazing city.

Distance: 1.5 miles, 1 mile at 6:25, 1.5 miles
State of Mind: Glad to spend quality time with such amazing runners, oh & friends

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. The photographer must have known what he was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the one of me running out of frame. ha.

    ReplyDelete