Saturday, May 29, 2010

Layers & layers of memories can't do justice to how much joy & happiness the group runs have meant to my life. Probably the most important weekly run, the Saturday morning group run, meant the most to me as I loved the adventures we all embarked on as we discovered the beautiful ugliness of this city.

Today's run was no different, as a good group of us got together to endure the humidity & mugginess of another May day. We decided to do a usual route of Battery Park, as it offers a lot of clean running, some good uphills (bridge mainly) & beautiful views from the tip of the island.

Afterwards, J & a few others had a little champagne picnic to wish me good luck in my new adventure. Even though J mentioned how lucky Seattle will be having me, I truly feel my luck has been in Brooklyn. Looking around at all the beautiful faces, I felt at home here. Something I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

Distance: 12.9 miles
State of Mind: A little heartbroken, trying to keep it together


2 comments:

  1. Snowy loops around Prospect Park, hot and muggy treks across Brooklyn Bridge, endless hugs, rooftop glasses of wine, enthusiasm, energy, advice, perspective, questioning, support, smiles, adventure, running through traffic. A toast to Corre all the way from EH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, thanks love. you are a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete