Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I love love love this heat, but my god, it's certainly hard to run in. It isn't very often that my legs feel good, my breath feels in control BUT my whole body feels like it is melting away with each step forward. Summer must be coming.

To be honest, I rather enjoyed the painful feeling that today's heat brought on, it was a reminder that every good thing can have it's own set of negatives. At 3pm I was soaking up the heat in a bikini & at 6pm I was doing everything I could to cool down & stay on my feet.

Met up with B & S a bit early, to have a seemingly quiet run around the park. It was nice to get out at a different time & see all the fresh faces. After the first loop, a group of us decided to do one more, to enjoy in the first 5k speed series of the season & to cheer on our amazing teammates who looked painfully tired in this heat.

Distance: 8.7 miles
State of Mind: I think I dropped 5 lbs in water weight today, hmm, not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment