Thursday, May 20, 2010

Even with an extremely sore quad, there was nothing that could keep me away from yoga practice tonight. I just couldn't imagine not trying to absorb every last ounce of Ali & the surrounding depth of love & devotion in all of her classes.

Like the practices I dream of, the room was packed head to toe with the a-typical rich, white girl trying to find balance in her seemingly crazed world. What a beautiful sight.

Within minutes, I was dripping all over my mat, I knew I was in for a treat. The whole practice, A kept on going back to value of enjoying the "now", letting go of expectations, letting go of the dreams, just living for the moment we are in now. One thing that always confuses me about my life is the fact that I seem to be attracted to people who talk of not looking back, doing what feels right, no matter what society or tradition says. It really made me think about my life & the choices I have made. I truly don't think that I am living a life that is completely me, there are so many things I have wanted, still want, that I simply don't go after as I don't want to be seem as wrong, crazy or selfish for my desires. It is hard to believe that there are people out there that just follow their heart, without thinking of the consequences. I wonder who they are.

Distance: n/a
State of Mind: Dripping, from the mind down.

No comments:

Post a Comment