Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My life is so surreal right now, I can't believe that tonight will be my last speed workout with Coach & the group. My god, how vacant I have had to make myself in order to make it through all this with a smile on my face.

As I left work for the last time, never having to feel the pull of my two different worlds in quite the same way, I knew that I would have a fun night of unwinding & beating my body up a bit. After making my way to BPS, it was a warming thought to see a brand new session prepare to get underway.

We ended up doing hill repeats on the GAP hill. Beside from the few male visitors, a pack of us girls all stuck together to use each others energy to drag ourselves up the hill. At times, it felt like a force that couldn't be broken.

We ended up doing 7, 6 of which I held in quite well for. As we cooled down through Center Drive, I looked around at our green surroundings, closed my eyes for a moment & gave thanks for all the joy that the park & it's wonderful people have brought to my life.

Distance: 4 miles warm up, 7 GAP hills, 4 mile warm down
State of Mind: It's reality, I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment